CALL FOR ART
Shape, Form and Color: Modern Expressionism
Livermore Valley Arts presents an exhibition called SHAPE, FORM, and COLOR: MODERN EXPRESSIONISM at the UNCLE Credit Union Art Gallery Oct 5 through Dec 4, 2022. This exhibit will be in-person, with Covid-19 safety protocols in place.
The UNCLE Credit Union Art Gallery at the Bankhead Theater is now inviting visual expressionist artists working with paint on canvas, mixed media on canvas, or fine art paper to consider for an art exhibition Oct 5 through Dec 4, 2022. The exhibition will be curated by visual arts staff at Livermore Valley Arts. We are open to all subject matter and points of inspiration, large works are welcome.
Expressionism is a modernist movement, originating in Germany at the beginning of the 20th century. Expressionism tends is to present the world solely from a subjective perspective, distorting it radically for emotional effect in order to evoke moods or ideas. in particular, it can be highly intense and non-naturalistic, and the brushwork is typically free, generous and highly textured. Expressionist art can be emotional and sometimes mystical, where the artist favors the subjective over true-to-life in order to “express” themselves and to show that there is more to art than meets the eye. There will be two featured works of art from Joan Miro and Alexander Calder that are on loan from a private collection.
Deadline to submit work: Sept 18, 2022. Participants are invited to submit works on canvas, wood panel, metal, paper or similar substrate in any 2- or 3-dimensional medium that is suitable for hanging. All paint media are accepted: oil, watercolor, acrylic, mixed media, etc. In addition, there is a limited space available for sculptures and objects.
Click here for the prospectus and entry submission details.
Click here to pay for your entry fee
- Deadline to submit images of artwork for exhibition is Sept 18, 2022
- Notification of works accepted is before Sept 28, 2022
- Delivery dates of accepted work: Tuesday, Oct 4 between 10am-12noon
- Exhibit Dates: Oct 6 through Dec 4, 2022
- Gallery is currently open free to the public Thursday-Sundays 1-5 pm and to ticketed patrons during performances.
- Reception Sat Oct 22, 1-3:30pm – free and open to the public
- Pick up artwork, Tuesday, Dec 6, 2022 between 10-noon